Sunday, May 31, 2009

The times they are a-changin'

With a birthday coming up in June, a well-intended soul sent me some "Comments" made in the year of my birth:

"If they raise the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store."
"If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack is ridiculous."
"The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on."

You get the idea, but before you speculate in aghast awe at just how ancient I must be (and you would be correct), consider how much has changed since your birth, likely back in the gag-me-with-a-spoon days of the Smurfs, New Kids on the Block, big hair, the Soviet Union, and before nearly all things electronic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erik Marks said...

You've got us with the Smurfs and New Kids on the block, but I won't have you speaking bad of the Soviet Union- that brought us Rocky IV.

June 9, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home