Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lyin' Stinkin' Weasels

Got this from Chase.  I don't think I even have a card from Chase, but I could be wrong, as I've been "slammed" (signed up for things I didn't sign up for) before, like that time I specifically told the lady at Macy's that I did not want their credit card but it showed up in the mail anyway.  So I don't use a Chase card, don't want a Chase card, and don't know of having a Chase account, but got this anyway:


"Currently, our records indicate that you are not being mailed any offers from Chase and we wanted you to know we are continually developing new products and services that may be of interest to you.  We are updating our prospective customers' preferences for receiving these mailings.  We want to be sure that you know about available offers and that you have the opportunity to consider them.

Please completely fill in the ovals below next to the Chase product and service offers you do not want to receive by mail.

And there's a deadline too. So the point is that it's up to me to open the junk mail, actually read through it, notice the trick, take the trouble to fill and send this out by a specified time of their choosing, all to keep them from assigning preferences which I have not indicated to be preferences, and which they'll probably assign anyway and send me an endless stream of sales pitches because they're lyin' stinkin' weasels.

Can this possibly be legal?  It's obviously not moral.  I really have to tell them not to sign me up and if I don't I'll get stuff I have never indicated I wanted?  Maybe that's how I supposedly have a Chase card in the first place.  Wish I could find it so I could tear it up.  But then, are the other banks any better?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home