Sunday, April 11, 2010

A stitch in time...

I can't tell you how many women I've known that "want to lose just 5 more pounds."  Apparently no matter what they weigh, it's 5 pounds too much.  Yet I don't recall ever hearing a man express that sentiment.  Rather, a man will let himself go to the point that his belt is down around his hips holding up that 50 pound beer keg where his stomach used to be.

Yet now I find myself 3 to 5 pounds heavier than the weight I've been since college.  Sure, our metabolisms slow after 40, and we start to thicken and lose muscle mass at 50 (can't wait for 60...), but I never worry if I go a couple of pounds over, as I figure I'll eventually get sick and lose two or three pounds and be back to normal.  But this winter I've had the misfortune of good health, and now that we've gotten past the Easter gorge, it's time to go to plan B.  Losing weight is easy, as long as you don't have too much to lose, I imagine.  It's not complicated:  it's calories in vs. calories out.  Besides, it would be too expensive to buy new clothes, and since my wife's clothes take up 80% of the walk-in closet, I don't have room for multiple sets of wardrobes for different weights.  

And of clothes, it just isn't fair that clothes cost the same no matter the size.  How can an XXXL cost the same as a Small?  That's just not right.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home