Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hair today, gone tomorrow

I heard a really clever if not insidious ad for a hair restoration service a couple of days ago.  The fact that I heard the ad on the radio and it registered in my consciousness is not a good sign.  Before you know it I'll be wearing hats, not to look cool or to showcase my affection for the Sox  (I'm more than a little tired of "Red Sox Nation." bandwagon), but to protect from sunburn.  I guess it happens to us all; it's just a matter of when.  Still, I do not look forward to the day when I am follically challenged, and hope I can gather the grace to accept it with dignity and not resort to the comical comb-over, muskrat glued to your scalp, or inlaid cornrow plugs.  Is that some thinning I see?

So this ad, instead of saying that the company was running a sale on hair implants or whatever technique they were using, ran the ad in a PSA-type format informing listeners that there was a research study being conducted on hair restoration, and that volunteers would receive several benefits, including a significant reduction in the price of the procedure.  That just sounds so much better than a sale.

Please note that the picture of Phil Spector is not meant to indicate any respect or admiration for this horrible, horrible person.  He just looks like a chia pet here.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home