Sunday, March 06, 2011

Kickin'

The sneaker industry and culture is pretty interesting, but I really don't care about sneakers, and won't go down the long and well-trodden road of sneaker commentary beyond stating unequivocally that I won't be spending crazy money so that the kids can try to impress other shallow kids.  I really only need three pairs of sneakers, one for running, one for hanging around, and one for mowing the lawn and such.  I probably have a couple of other pairs that I just haven't gotten around to throwing out yet, but how many pairs do you really need?  

One thing though.  I always thought those little loops at the back of sneakers were pretty girly, but as I get older and my feet get farther away they're starting to look a little better (and it probably won't be long before the looking will be through bifocals).  What's next, using a shoe horn?  Velcro straps instead of laces?  Those god-awful Crocs?  Might as well just start wearing a sweat suit and go to the mall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home