Sunday, July 24, 2011

Keep on truckin'

Can't remember the last time I saw a sunscreen under a car's windshield, a bra on a hood, lights on a hubcap or license plate holder, elevator struts, or brightly colored windshield wipers.  Then again, I can't remember the last time I took my pills.  You just don't see a lot of guys working on cars these days, and who can work on an engine anymore with all the electronics.  Cars don't need tune-ups too often, it's not worth changing the oil yourself, and "pimp my car" is just a TV show, it seems.  Trucks, on the other hand, don't seem to be just work vehicles anymore.  But why would anyone spend $40,000 on a truck (or put a gun rack on the dashboard, but that's a different line of criticism)?  Yet there are a fair amount of trucks tricked out.  I'd love to have a beat up truck with an engine that wouldn't die.  If you own a truck, you shouldn't have to worry about dents or scratches or a little rust, never mind if it has multi-zone air conditioning and heated seats or not.

image from green.autoblog.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home