Monday, November 03, 2008

The Day After

Unbelievably, after I wrote the last entry I got home to find that my wife had bought a couple of bags of the dreaded dum-dums, which meant I had to go out after Halloween for the half-priced good stuff. Of course, there are many that prudently buy the candy well before the event so as to be well-prepared, but to buy candy early is to buy candy twice. It's an old retail trick to display candy prominently and early for Halloween to spur the impulse early buy, but I've been told that pharmacies will place candy in aisles on the way to the prescription counter and at least three of four will buy candy along with their prescriptions. Seems hard to believe, but that's what the pharmacists tell me. Good thing pharmacies can't sell liquor.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home