Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dancing with the stares

That last entry gives rise to yet another whine:  why must seemingly every wedding reception favor the dancing audience with a stirring rendition of "YMCA?"  Most have the Electric Slide and the Macarena, but the Village People seem to be found at all weddings, which is kind of ironic when you think about it.

Most men don't like to dance.  I don't need to substantiate or elaborate here, as it is an obvious truth, and I think I've opined about this previously.  Yet women like to dance, and men want to be with women, so men dance when they have to.  When you're married, that "have to" is pretty much just at weddings.  We can handle the grab and sway slow dance, as that is devoid of skill and pretty close to the only reason we're dancing in the first place, but non-contact dances are humbling experiences for men.  Dances with an athletic component, like swing, get a pass, but unfortunately require learning and skill, and most of us aren't about to take the time and effort to learn a dance when there are so many tools to use and sports to play or watch.


But back to the point.  Men don't like to dance, and it's going to take a lot of drinks to get a man to dance to a song by the Village People.  As it happens, though, there are a lot of drinks.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger KA said...

The photo you used under "Dancing with the stars" was stolen from my webpage. There are clear disclaimers on my site that all photos are under copyright and may not be used under any circumstances. I am in the process of reporting your copyright infringement and have the DNS tracking IP addresses documenting the number of views who have illegally viewed the unauthorized photo. Please remove it immediately.

August 6, 2010 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Dead Man Blogging said...

KA:

After reading your comment I tried to contact you but have no idea how to do so, so I hope you get to see the response here.

My apologies for the unauthorized use of your photo. I had no idea it was not in the public domain as I got it directly from Google Images and never saw your website and had no way of knowing it was protected. I could try to find the photo and work backwards to the website, but I don't really know what image I selected from the Google Image search, as picking a picture for a blog is not exactly a search-intensive process for me.

Anyway, I'm sorry that I inadvertently used a photo of yours, had no ill-intent or commercial gain, no longer have the photo posted, and appreciate your notification and understanding.

August 7, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home